Saturday 12 January 2013

Bridal Mask/ Gaksital


Now, I want to share with you about my latest addiction which is Top Korean Drama in 2012. Yes, I know I'm a bit late because now we already in the early 2013. But, I still want to recommend it to you. Some of my friends don't like it because the drama about ancient drama in 1930s. Duhh, ancient drama doesn't mean it's boring.

First, let me introduce lead casts of Bridal Mask/ Gaksital.

Joo Won as Lee Kang To/ Lee Young/ Sato Hiroshi. ( He starred in severals dramas before which are King of Baking Kim Takgu/ Bread, Love and Dream, Ojakgyo Brothers and drama soon to be aired Level 7 Civil Servant)



Jin Se Yun as Oh Mok Dan/ Boon Yi/ Esther ( This is my first time to see her acting but I'm really impressed with her act)


Park Ki Woong as Kimura Shunji ( He acted in many dramas and movies such as My Tutor Friend 2, Someone Behind You, Love Marriage, Art of Fighting, Full House Take 2 and many more ^^)


Han Chae Ah as Chae Hong Joo/ Ueno Rie ( This is also first time I see her acting. Sorry^^)


This is synopsis of this drama: Gaksital is a famous manhwa set in the 1930s, during the Japanese occupation. The hero, Lee Kang-to, is known as 'Gaksital' because he wears a mask to hide his face — one of those traditional play masks, specifically the rosy-cheeked one reserved for the female role, aka the bride. He's an unassuming young man in real life, but when he dons his superhero mask, he fights injustice and rights wrongs during one of the darkest periods of Korea's history…

When I watch the first episode, Gaksital already give me a very good impression as it showed Lee Kang To, a Korean man betrayed his country and become Imperial Police for Japan due to his family condition. It's very heart-breaking to see he tortures Koreans.

While Kimura Shunji was a Japanese but he teaches Korean children. His personalities very different from Lee Kang To who very aggressive towards people while Kimura Shunji very kind to people with smile plastered on his face. They were good friends as when Kang To has problems with his family, he will go to Shunji and talks about his problems. It’s nice to see friendship between Kang To and Shunji. But their friendship didn’t last long when Kang To knew his brother was Bridal Mask whom he searching for years and when he found out that Shunji’s brother, Kimura Kenji killed his mother.

Without wasting time, Kang To dressed as Bridal Mask and killed Kimura Kenji while Kimura Shunji in sudden saw the incident. From that moment, their personalities began to change slowly as Kang To replaces his brother and become Bridal Mask while Kimura Shunji leaves his work as teacher and become Imperial Police for Japan.

As for Oh Mok Dan, she was first love for Lee Kang To known by name Boon Yi and also was Kimura Shunji’s first love known by name Esther. She’s a strong character as she never bowed to Japanese even though been totured. She and Kang To were enemies at first because Kang To captured her father who called Dam Sa Ri. She loves a guy Lee Young who she met when she was a little girl and she predicted he was Bridal Mask because Bridal Mask saved her several times.

Ueno Rie, also one of strong character as she can make all men obeyed her. Her character and Shunji’s character looked similar but how they portrayed are different. Ueno Rie who loved Kang To because he has saved her in the past showed she grateful to him and she feel owed to him. Unfortunately Kang To didn’t remember her until she told him herself.

As Shunji’s character slowly changed into different character, he tied with his love to Oh Mok Dan. Because he needs to save Mok Dan, he become Imperial Police. Because of Mok Dan his grudges towards Bridal Mask increased day by day as Mok Dan takes Bridal Mask side.  Also, because of Mok Dan he and Kang To become enemies when Kang To suddenly confessed his love towards Mok Dan to his best friend.

This drama has very interesting plots and the actors and actresses done very great job! If I have to give marks over 5 stars, I’ll give 5 stars as it has great ending. If you want to know about its ending, you have to follow this drama. I’m sure you satisfied with it. Thank you for read my blog I really appreciate it very well. Do leave your opinions and write a comment ^^

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Gaksital/Bridal Mask though I wish it had gotten more attention. It was a well made drama, I also did a review for it on my blog so if you could check it out! http://lovebugsobsession.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-top-3-dramas-of-2012-part-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right? I'm really happy when joo won and park ki woong won awards. All the actors really done a great job :)I will check it out soon ^^

      Delete
    2. Agreed I couldn't wait to see the results from the awards show!

      Delete
    3. yeah, i hope they will get more awards ^^

      Delete